Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Last Day in Orvieto

    September 11, 2022 in Italy ⋅ 🌙 20 °C

    After the Military parade we realised we had skipped breakfast so bought some Italian pastries on our way back to our apartment where we probably broke two Italian rules:

    1. No drinking wine before midday

    2. Don’t drink wine with cannolis

    It was worth breaking both rules as we enjoyed our Italian pastries and the complimentary bottle of wine our host had left for us. This ended up being our breakfast and lunch.

    We headed back out in the afternoon for our last Orvieto gelato, after a walk out to the fort for one last view of the surrounding countryside, and more photos of the stunning duomo.

    After fasting most of the day we were looking forward to dinner tonight at Il Dialogo, a traditional restaurant just a short walk from our apartment. I had forgotten our previous experience with pizzas with four topping and ordered a pizza quattro stagioni again. When they say four toppings they mean a different topping in each quarter. Brad had pappardelle with wild boar ragu. The food here is so delicious.

    That’s a wrap for this part of our holiday, as tomorrow we pick up a car and head to Montepulciano for the next six days. Brad has been watching this weekend’s Italian F1 Grand Prix for tips on driving over here! Wish me luck.

    Thank you Orvieto, you have been amazing and we are so happy we returned.
    Read more