Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Milan with David and Anthony

    September 26, 2022 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Well today has to be one of the many highlights of this trip. We left Modena to catch up with Brad’s cousin David and Anthony in Milan, on our way to Lake Como.

    As we have visited Milan before, today was all about catching up with the boys. We don’t get to see them much at home in Australia, so we wanted to make sure we took advantage of the fact we weren’t too far away from each other in Italy.

    David was quite excited to show us parts of Milan we had not seen with his highlight being the steps where Gucci was murdered. Loving fashion as they do, David knew the exact spot and we took a quick photo as we “passed” by it.

    Next they took us to La Rinascente Rooftop restaurant which has a fantastic view of the magnificent Duomo di Milano. What a breathtaking view and such a different viewpoint of the amazing Duomo. The food and company were pretty good too!

    After lunch we took a stroll around the Duomo, being thankful that we got to visit its interior and rooftop last time we were here as the line up was quite long. This time we just admired the exterior and all its intricate details. Construction commenced in 1386 and it is amazing that they could build such a grand cathedral in those times.

    From there a quick spot of sightseeing and a walk through Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II which is Italy's oldest active shopping gallery and a major landmark of Milan. The gallery was designed in 1861 and construction commenced soon after. It too is a beautiful building.

    It was hard dragging ourselves away from David and Anthony but we needed to catch our train to Como, our home for the next five days.

    We’ve had the best day. From the limoncello spritzes, walking where Gucci was murdered, to lunch with a view and a quick bit of sightseeing with these two beautiful humans, what more could you want.

    Another amazing Italian holiday memory.
    Read more