Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Cochem, Germany

    April 11, 2023 in Germany ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    Today's destination is Cochem and after a fun and windy drive we finally arrived. Even though the weather still isn’t the best, we checked in, dropped of our bags and headed out to check out the town. Even in the gloomy weather there are still a lot of people enjoying the promenade, sat enjoying a drink or two. This town has a very different feel, aimed more for holiday makers with numerous bars and restaurants along the river.

    Our reason for stopping here is to visit the Cochem Castle and we are hoping the weather will give us a break at some stage so we can check it out. We managed to get a couple of photos of the castle off in the distance and hope we get to see it tomorrow.

    Until then we had a walk, checked out St. Martins Church and then had an early dinner before calling it a day. Brad decided to try a typical meat sample tasting plate of pork knuckle, pork belly, blood sausage, liver sausage, mettwurst and mash for dinner and I decided not to be adventurous and had a hamburger, which I have to say is one of the best I have had in a very long time. We both enjoyed our meals, a glass of the local wine for me and a Wiest beer for Brad.
    Read more