Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 33

    Afternoon in Metz

    26. huhtikuuta 2023, Ranska ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    After admiring the stunning cathedral we continued our wandering through Metz, just getting our bearings before we explore more tomorrow.

    We came across the Temple Neuf which means New Temple. Built between 1901 to 1904 it is certainly one of the newer churches we have seen. While we didn’t go in we did walk around the pretty garden and admired the views. Situated on a little island surrounded by the Moselle River it is a very picturesque spot.

    Nearby is the Opéra-Théâtre de l'Eurométropole de Metz, Metz Opera Theatre, one of the first theatres built in France and the oldest theater still in operation. The exterior wasn’t anything to rave about but I do love the gardens out the front. The spring time flowers and shrubs are beautiful and the colour combinations of the plantings are lovely. It is so nice to see some colour, especially after the cold and gloomy weather we have experienced so far. This is the warmest day we have experienced to date and it is glorious.

    We continued strolling the streets, admiring the very “French” architecture (so different from where we have just come from), before finding a cafe in front of the Cathedral for some afternoon drinks and a delicious charcuterie board. It was the perfect way to end the day with full bellies and amazing sights. Can’t wait to explore more.
    Lue lisää