Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    A Quick Glimpse at Dijon

    April 28, 2023 in France ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    With lunch finished and the storm clouds blown away we wandered the streets to explore Dijon further. It actually got so warm we managed to take our jackets off for the first time on this trip.

    I do love the different styles of building here, with the old wooden framed buildings amongst the detailed stone ones. We wandered up to another square, Place Francois Rude. One of the most touristic squares in Dijon, it’s centre is home to a very cute carousel, a statue and fountain representing a winemaker stomping grapes in a tank. I’m just not sure if winemakers actually stomped their grapes in the nude.

    We decided to stop at one of the cafes for a coffee and a dessert and to shelter from the incoming rain. The weather has been very fickle today. And not only did we chose badly on the cafe we still managed to get wet. The coffee and waffles were a fail, not what we expected at all.

    Once the rain passed we decided to call it a day, marvelling at the brilliant blue sky as we walked back through Liberation Square towards home. Of course we had to take some more photos of this impressive spot. Brad even went back out for a night time pic. Dinner was meat and cheeses we picked up at the local shop back in our apartment before calling it a night. We are looking forward to exploring Dijon more.
    Read more