Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 73

    Relais Antiche Saline, Nubia, Sicily

    June 5, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    The earlier rain turned into a full on storm and we couldn’t believe how much water was on the roads. It was a “fun drive” to our next stop, Nubia, Trapani. We chose this spot to see and photograph the near-by salt pans and to visit Trapani and it’s beautiful beaches. This was the one spot I was really hoping we would have the best weather but today it is not to be, with overcast and cloudy skies when we arrived.

    After dropping our bags off we made our way to the waterside restaurant, La Torre di Nubia, not far from where we are staying. We have booked two nights at the Relais Antiche Saline resort with a balcony view over the salt pans. It is a bit remote but we thought the views would be worth it. Now we just have to hope the weather co-operates with our plans.

    We can see the restaurant from our balcony but with no path through we had to drive. The restaurant has a lovely view overlooking the water and we can imagine how lovely it would be on a clear day, sat outside enjoying the food and the location. For now we just got to enjoy the food, which was very tasty.

    With the weather still not the best and having done enough driving for the day, we returned to our accommodation to relax before dinner on-site. Amazingly we were able to get some photos of the salt pans with the dark clouds looming in the background before dinner. It might not be the sunset photos we were hoping for, but the dark clouds made for some fabulous photos. Fingers crossed we might still get to see the sun set over the salt pans before we leave.
    Read more