Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 75

    Hello Taormina - Part Two

    June 7, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    With a big day travelling hunger eventually overtook us and as usual rain started to fall. It has followed us for most of our trip. We ended up in a very non Italian sushi and hamburger bar (an odd mix), the Wood House, and craving a big ole juicy hamburger, Brad ordered the Sicilian burger (at least it sounded Italian), and I got the classic. They would have to be the best hamburgers we have had and Brad’s was the winner with its cherry bbq sauce. Delicious!!

    Fuelled up and once the rain had settled, we explored some more of this lovely town. Even with overcast skies it is pretty special. We stopped at Ristorante L’Orologio for an afternoon drink while admiring the views. I love how the stepped laneways are filled with cafes, bars and restaurants with every possible space utilised and decorated.

    We haven’t had as many gelatos as we planned so we made sure we had one on our way back to our apartment. Our goal is to have one every day for our last few days here.

    Weary from our big travel day and with the weather not the best, we opted for arancini for dinner in our apartment, and they did not disappoint. Now that is very Sicilian. Early night for us and hoping for blue skies tomorrow as we have lots we want to see and do.
    Read more