Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 75

    Hello Again Taormina, Sicily

    June 7, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    After a long drive filled with roadworks and amazing scenery, we finally made it to Taormina, our second last stop before we head home. While it has been a long drive, it was also a surprising one, as we had no idea how green and lush, and picturesque, the countryside of Sicily is. We thought it would be more barren and dry but it is beautiful. If it wasn’t for the fact we had to drive at least 40km over the speed limits, I would have tried to take some photos. It was a very pretty drive.

    Once we worked out how to drop the car off, we found our accommodation, quickly dropped our bags off, and headed out to reacquaint ourselves with this wonderful town. We were here five years ago but due to bad storms were only able to spend one day in Taormina and really didn’t get to see as much as we would have liked. We couldn’t wait to get back here.

    Thankfully Taormina has lived up to my memory of it and it is a beautiful town filled with colour and vibrancy. And it is so clean and graffiti free. Yes, it is a tourist town but it still has a real authentic feel and we love it. We explored the streets we didn’t get to see last time, had a moment or two wandering down memory lane, and fell in love with this place all over again. It is so picturesque with every street and lane a photo opportunity. A photographer’s dream.
    Read more