Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    A beautiful day!

    May 14, 2023 in Portugal ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Wow! We've had a wonderful day's walk, a real 'camino' day. It began with a Prince chocolate biscuit for breakfast and ended with a delicious bottle of red!
    Our accommodation last night was very nice although we were all cold during the night, and not one of us got up to put the extra blanket on the bed 🙄. Our host was very helpful, giving us directions to rejoin the camino path which gradually led us uphill and through eucalyptus forests - cue more bird song and babbling brooks 💗.
    The paths we took were inclined but gentle and we were able to take it easy for the whole day, knowing we'd already booked our night's sleep at an apartment in Caminha.
    Our second breakfast (if you could count one biscuit as your first🙄) was a tuna roll for elevenses - I was hungry!!!
    It was onwards (and probably downwards by now) towards Caminha with another stop for dessert, which was supposed to be ice cream but ended up as a Pastel de Nata - very nice 😋.
    We walked for a few kilometres on the coast, which was fabulous. There was a good breeze that cooled us down and we even found a small herd of goats (a couple of them fighting over a female!), a flock of sheep and a few horsey things on the beach path!
    Caminha was on the horizon although, as usual, the last few kilometres were the longest 😩😅. A beer spurred us on, though, and we soon found our accommodation which is pretty fab! Beefburgers and chips for our evening meal rounded the day off perfectly. Well, perhaps not quite... Our host left us the most delicious bottle of red wine- I can honestly say I've never tasted anything like it! 🤗🤗🤗
    Read more