Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Honfleur

    July 3, 2023 in France ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    From the moment you arrive you are stunned by the beauty of Honfleur.

    Honfleur is best-known for its old port which was an important trading port during the Middle Ages. The city is also quite famous for its wooden main church and its association with impressionist artists such as Courbet, Boudin, and Claude Monet.

    Our Airbnb is on the 2nd floor above a restaurant. The view is over a courtyard full of people soaking the sun and drinking cider. It seems this is the drink of choice here. We even have a complimentary bottle in our fridge. That’s our windows on the second floor above La Cantina.

    The port is surrounded by bars and restaurants so there will be no shortage of choice to find somewhere to eat.

    With so much driving yesterday, we will chill out and spend the day doing a supermarket shop and retail therapy in Honfleur.

    Sharon is currently trying to master the washer dryer. We found a French manual, but it is all guesswork from here. We assume it washes and then flips to a dryer. Clever.

    The church bell tolls on the hour and there is much to see. A horse & carriage just passed our balcony. The whole town is cobblestone, so you have to watch your step. Such a pretty place. One of the top places we have ever stayed.

    News is coming through on the riots in Paris. We are over 2.5 hours from there so do not feel any danger. We leave France from a local port on Friday.
    Read more