Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 43

    Mykonos to Athens

    July 27, 2023 in Greece ⋅ 🌙 27 °C

    Travels days are always a bit disjointed and today is no different.

    Bags out at 11am bus leaves at 1pm ferry at 2pm etc etc etc. By tonight we will be back in Athens at the same hotel we have already stayed at twice on our itinerary.

    Our ferry will be a better quality today. Our seating is first class. The people movements between the islands is something you have to see to believe.

    There are a heap of Brits here but really the Greek islands are popular for just about anyone except maybe the Greeks.

    The seating was so much better on our ferry and we managed to even nap a bit. Getting off was the usual stampede with the masses but we are veterans at this now.

    The coach to our hotel was in traffic and Erin took the mic and went through everything thing we have done with Insight Vacations over the past two weeks. She gets genuinely attached to her groups especially this one because we were quite small in number. She has one day off only and off she goes again. She and her husband spend most of their time together in winter.

    The Aussies decided to have our last dinner together.

    Josie & Carl are from North Balwyn and we have a lot in common with them. The also have a house at Newhaven. They will stay in Athens for a week then they will visit relatives in Malta.

    Trevor and Beth are from Adelaide. They have broad interests including a jewelry shop, car wash and horse breeding. We had a lot of laughs with them. Who knows we might see them again in Adelaide one day.

    Our meal was really good and Erin dropped in for one last glass of wine with us. She was relaxed and off the clock. Her husband Hercules isn’t due home until late so she wanted to catch up with us one last time. She is the best Tour Director we have ever had the pleasure of being looked after by a travel group.

    Tomorrow on to Crete.
    Read more