Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 47

    Lerapetra

    July 31, 2023 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    We drove back to the main town of Lerapetra for brunch on the waterfront. Being Monday, we thought it would be a bit quieter. Not at all.

    It was very hectic with motorbikes everywhere making driving even more precarious. Parking around the waterfront was nearly impossible. We eventually found a spot outside a school.

    The restaurant we chose offered breakies but we got a strange look when we ordered the continental plate. We think they only wanted to do lunches now. Orange juice is almost always freshly squeezed on our entire trip. What we get at home feels ordinary.

    The brekkie arrives and it is too much food so we eat what we can before walking down the shopping precinct.

    We decided to head back to our resort as it was just too difficult to work out where you can swim and get a lounge at a reasonable price.

    The wind is not as bad as yesterday so by the pool is a bit more pleasant. We think the resort has had a power failure because the generator near the pool has kicked in and stinks of diesel fumes.

    Meanwhile we watched some new fridges get delivered and we wondered where they would go. Sure enough when we went back to our room, we were greeted by three staff installing a new fridge!

    We sat on our little balcony while the installers change over our fridge. That’s a first for us.

    We are eating in the room tonight. We bought a lasagna and salad which went down well. At 9pm we FaceTime our buddies in Canada. We need to plan to catch up with them next year.
    Read more