Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 48

    Day to catch up

    August 1, 2023 in Greece ⋅ 🌙 27 °C

    We are both feeling a bit ordinary today so we think it best to spend the day in our room and catch up on the little things.

    Our iPhones have so many photos it is time to download them to the laptop.
    This will take hours but it is fun to look at all the places we have been this holiday.

    The wind has subsided so we enjoyed the pool area without feeling like we were going to launch!

    Another local taverna that scored well is called Nikos. We decided we didn’t like always being the first customer of the evening so we drive there at 8pm to a totally empty restaurant- again.

    We shared the fried zucchini which is really popular here and then we both ordered pastitsio which is made fresh each day. The Greek salad was huge for just the two of us. The host served complimentary cut up fruit. All washed down with a Mythos beer and Shad’s b&c.

    Still no other customers and we left at 9:30pm. Cost only 35 euros. So reasonable compared to Athens and the big islands.

    Before we went home we did a beach visit. There was a beautiful moonrise so we mucked around with funny pictures. There were still quite a few people down at the beach sitting in darkness playing in the shallows and picnicking on the sand (pebbles).

    Tomorrow is going to be an even better day.
    Read more