Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 50

    Analipsis

    August 3, 2023 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    We have been on the go seven weeks today and are due to get home late Sunday night.

    The thinking is to still not do much and make the most of this sleepy town on Crete.

    We saw a bakery up the road that looked newish and I am hanging out for a decent coffee. It was a bakery disguised as a meeting place for elderly men. They are so loud as they each try to make their point about whatever it is they are discussing. We sat and had breakie but the smoking was so bad we couldn’t wait to get out.

    We drove up the coast in search of a new beach and last minute shopping. I discovered a new way of supporting my wife when she shopped. I parked kerbside at the top of the hill and just rolled down beside her as she went shop to shop! The more remote you get on Crete the less anyone cares about parking and rules.

    Analipsis is a lovely little cove with actual sand. We found a sun lounge and brolly that was a perfect spot for the afternoon. The taverna behind us informed us the lounges are free as long as you buy a few things from them. I dutifully ordered some water bottles.

    This is a really popular family destination with shallow water, so ideal for kiddies. It was a great afternoon and by 5pm we packed up, paid our bill and had a quick 20 minute drive home.

    At 8pm we went to a pizza restaurant and guess what! We weren’t the first guests. We were greeted by the owners who gave us a piece of paper on a peg. Seems that was the specials but we couldn’t read it. Our table was on the tiled veranda roadside and we managed to order pizza and a schnitzel for Sharon. I felt a bug run across my foot then Sharon yelped. From that point she sat with her feet on the next chair despite the owner begging her to come inside further to higher ground.

    This all added to the character of the evening.

    We retired back to our base and I lost at cards AGAIN……
    Read more