Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 49

    Long Beach & BBQ Day

    August 2, 2023 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    The resort is well known for its weekly BBQ. We have booked in tonight at 6:30pm.

    Stunning day in Koutsounari. The jet skis, boats and yachts are all out on a very calm Mediterranean Sea. This is in stark contrast to the past few days of gale force winds.

    The breakfast at the resort is so much food all brought to the table so all you have to get up for is juice and hot beverages.

    Today the table was stacked with cheese toasties, cheese puffs, laminington style cake, peanuts biscuits, yoghurt, fried egg, omelette, cherry jelly cup, Nutella crepe finished off with watermelon and orange fruit plate. Did I miss anything? What a mountain of food. Too much gets wasted unfortunately.

    Our perfect beach day has arrived and it is only a short drive down the hill. Greeks really do beach time well. There are wooden plank pathways to the water from the road and they lay it between sun lounges with good size umbrellas. We paid the 2 euros each for the sun lounges wondering why Mykonos get away with >80 euros.

    The attendant said he would be at our beck and call if we needed food or refreshments.

    The water is crystal clear and gets deep quick. You have to wear your thongs to the waters edge because the black pebbles are hard on the feet but also it gets scorching hot. Today it mid 30s.

    A quick dip is required when you get hot otherwise just get back to you sun bed and back to your book. Very civilized.

    After a few hours we ordered a pina colada and a 🍺 which arrived in quick time for just 10 euros. We are living the dream right here on Long Beach.

    The bbq was well patronized and at 7pm were the first to participate- again. Unfortunately the cook overdid the meats but otherwise we had a good feed and enjoyed the sunset.
    Read more