Satellite
  • Day 17

    Tea and Biscuits @ Maison Dandoy

    September 20, 2019 in Belgium ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Today Gui met us at our apartment, as we intended to go to the climate manifestation (we call it a demonstration) today, part of the global school strike for climate change action. Before the demonstration, we had some time to do a few things we had been wanting to but hadn’t had the time.

    Our first stop was Maison Dandoy, about 100 metres from our apartment. They are famous for their biscuits, which are delicious. The title of this footprint is tea and biscuits but, alas, I couldn’t have tea as they only serve earl grey, which I can’t stand, or herbal and fruit teas. What is it with these people, nobody serves English Breakfast! So, I had a latte. The plate of biscuits I ordered for us to share turned out to be huge. We couldn’t get through them all, so the waitress kindly bagged them up for us to takeaway, and threw in a few extras for good measure.

    We then did a bit of a wander around Brussels, with Gui as our guide, which was lots of fun. We joined the demonstration just after 1.30pm, and found ourselves near the start of the marchers. More on that on my next footprint.
    Read more