Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Above the bar in Villava

    September 24, 2022 in Spain ⋅ 🌧 13 °C

    A pitcher of Sangria is calling my name & I won't have to worry about finding my way home😇! The only problem will be climbing the stairs to our room after walking 10 miles today. The knee braces definitely helped, hoping my legs get used to these distances soon!

    We have made friends with some fun people who were staying in the same "pension" in Zubiri as we did last night. These folks are from St. Louis, Southern CA, & Queensland Australia. Even though we are all walking at our own pace we continue to bump into the same group during at rest points, cafes during the day or at lodging places in the evening. We all had breakfast together and then started on our way.

    Our walk started on the road, and then we were on a path through farms and then along the river.

    Had a delicious Spinach Friata at a rest stop in Zurain. We saw fellow walkers picking figs from fig trees. The sun was out, then it wasn't, then it rained. This was repeated at least 5 times today.

    Right now we are sitting at a laundromat. Just switched our load from the washer to what we thought was the dryer. However, when we saw the the suds happening in the dryer we realized "garbigailua" is the Basque word for wash. Well our clothes are going to be super clean!
    Read more