Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    On to Boadilla del Camino

    October 12, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 8 °C

    We set off today a little after sunrise. The valley was filled with fog as we walk up the hill in Castrojeriz. We were treated to the full moon hanging over the Castillo ruins at the top of the hill.

    Highlight of the morning, was a friendly little white dog following us through town, who obviously wanted to be petted. I scratch him behind his ears. He loved it.

    Lowlight or the morning, the dog lifted his leg and pee'ed on my hiking shoe! The little bugger ran away before I could get his photo to show to the Civil Gardia!

    Crossing the valley floor, we quickly realized we had a big climb ahead! Alto de Mostelares. At the top, the sign had the elevation at 1050 meters above sea level.
    After a short walk across the plateau, we descended, and the rest of the day was walking across rolling landscape of fields.

    One intermediate town of Itero de la Vega. Because today is Spain's National Holiday, we were told every thing would be closed. In Itero, all the cafés were closed, but one brave mini-market was open and feeding pilgrims from their deli counter!

    Then we continued on to our destination of Boadilla del Camino, across one big hill and endless fields. It was sunny, about 75 degrees, but no shade The sun is intense, even in October!

    We arrived at Hotel & Albergue en El Camino for cold beers and hot showers! 20 more kilometers down!
    Read more