Satellite
Show on map
  • Big day out on a big boat

    January 11, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Friday was our last day all together and so we made the most of it with the help of a generous donation from Great Granny Mac. We hired a boat with a barbecue on it for the day and went boating around the waters of the Gold Coast. It was a scorching hot day with clear skies so the colour of the water was especially beautiful.

    The kids loved having a go on the steering wheel, which led to a few rather uneasy moments. And us adults managed to raise blood pressures a couple of time with an accidental drifting of the boat when we dropped anchor at the bay and again when we grounded the motor in shallow waters. Jamie came to the rescue on both incidents and we survived the day with no worries and a lot of good memories.

    We had speakers on the boat so we all enjoyed a good dance and we even got a repeat performance of the children's new years eve dance performance- YMCA and I like to move it move it. Once again they performed with full enthusiasm and we received it with excitement.

    We anchored the boat at a beach on island to have the barbecue and then Dad cooked up a feast of sausages, kebabs, prawns and halloumi, served with a few salads, dips and bread. There was food to feed an army and we all ate far more than necessary!

    Whilst playing in the sea and on the beach a boat pulled up selling ice cream so the day became even better as we all got an ice cold treat.

    It was the perfect end to what has been a fun filled family holiday. And none of us even got burned by the burning the sun. 100% success! Thank you so much Great Granny Mac, we are all very grateful.

    Now I am on the plane to Perth, having had a series of farewells this morning-first with Stew and co leaving, then when I left Jamie and co. I have spent so long with them I feel I have become part of the household and I am going to really miss it.

    But on to the next stage of my adventure......
    Read more