Satellite
Show on map
  • Lamington National Park

    January 9, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Mum and Dad arrived a little hazy from the long journey, so we spent a couple of days relaxing at Jamie's. Then on Wednesday we all went down to Lamington National Park, which is somewhere I have wanted to go for years. It is a rainforest high in the hills of the Gold Coast and is famous for its' bird life and scenic views. It definitely did not disappoint, we had such a brilliant time there-it was absolute bliss. We stayed in two villas built on the hillside of the rainforest, within the trees and overlooking a never ending view of rolling hills and mountains. Beautiful colourful birds would perch on our balcony whilst we and and the sounds of the forest were incredible. I don't think I have ever heard such a loud orchestra of insects, it was phenomenal.

    On our first night we got a little over excited and drank most of our wine supply that was meant for both our nights. Consequently Mum ended up doing an over enthusiastic performance of Abba to us and we all managed to get ourselves in trouble, with the manager coming to visit us to report a complaint. Given how peaceful and relaxing the place was we were very quick to end the night and repent for our sins.

    The next day was brilliant, starting with wildlife encounters when we got to meet an Australian magpie, a sooty owl, some little cute marsupial possum types things and a python. It was great fun holding a snake and learning about the animals. Then we fed the birds and had parrots and lauraquetes climbing all over us. Then we went on a tree top walk, which walls through the canopy of the rainforest. After a relaxing lunch at the villas we all went separate ways and met up at the swimming pool later. I went on a walk with Mum and Dad at this time, to Pythons rock look out. It was so beautiful, the views were of endless green mountains and the walk took us through thick rainforest. The sounds and smells were tranquilizing, I loved it.

    After a swim in the infinity pool that overlooked a similarly stunning view we filled the hottub and enjoyed drinks at the villa before going out to dinner at the resort restaurant. We all ate far too much, to top off what had already been a bloody brilliant day.

    We were earlier to bed after all the fun and excitement and because the next day we were waking early to get a boat on the Gold Coast.
    Read more