Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Munich day 3

    January 2, 2018 in Germany ⋅ 🌙 2 °C

    What a beautiful city. We spent the morning here in Greisbach lounging, grocery shopping and eating breakfast
    We were then off to watch the Glockenspiel in the Munich town center. (“The Glockenspiel in the tower balcony of the Neues Rathaus--city hall--is world famous and worth seeing. Since 1908, figurines representing stories from Munich’s history twirl on two levels daily at 11:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m.”). Donn cringed at the out of tune bells, the kids wondered what the fuss was and I thought it was marvelous😀 We then went to the Farmer's Market in downtown (the Viktualienmarkt is a daily food market and a square in the center of Munich, Germany.
    The Viktualienmarkt developed from an original farmers' market to a popular market for gourmets. In an area covering 22,000 m2 (240,000 sq ft), 140 stalls and shops offer flowers, exotic fruit, game, poultry, spices, cheese, fish, juices and so on). We bought tons of fresh food to cook for dinner as we heard tale that the Cal Poly boys and Wyatt we're gonna make it for dinner. We attempted to find the Asam church but parking and freezing cold rain made it hard. So...off to the beer hall we went. Beer Halls are basically breweries with these huge long tables and huge indoor spaces. They are beautiful. We went to Augustiner Keller and feasted on beer and pretzels. We then made our way “home” and cooked for the 8 of us. Donn picked up Wyatt and buds at a nearby train station. They had been on a hike. We feasted and then played spades and pictionary until 1:00 am. There was lots and lots of funny moments😂. I've missed my boy.
    Read more