Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Down the country lane.......

    June 9, 2023 in England ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    What is more exciting than going to the Morgan factory? Driving a Morgan down a country lane also walking a country lane with my new BFF, Coco.
    Bev took me to their local church and to see the Tithe barn opposite the church. Located in the church grounds was a very ancient bee hive or Bee house to house hives.
    M.y good friends arranged for me to meet their good friends, Martin & Vanessa of Rosetree Cottage, and head out in their 1998 Morgan, I was in heaven.
    The next day, we headed for the Forest of Dean, where we .trekked through a Royal forest that Henry VIII once hunted in, and probably King Charles hunted for Camilla in, or was that lusted after............
    Saturday evening, we all headed for Tewskesbury to hear Dave's Choir, Cotswold Male Voice choir, world famous! Before the concert, we toured Tewkesbury having an ale in a 14th century pub still serving beers in barrels.
    Today, even more cars. Dave took me to Highnam Court, a stately home owned by a friend. There were classic cars on show that would be exstinct or never seen in NZ.
    These experiences really make England such a great place to visit. Within a 10 mile radius of my friends house and village, there is more history and experiences than we can ever imagine in NZ.
    Read more