Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Long day of Traveling... Ugh

    May 6, 2016 in New Zealand ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    So last night we had a freaking shit ton of alcohol and did a mini bar crawl in Wellington. We went to three bars which was pretty good since the bars down here are really strict and won't serve you if they feel like you have had too much to drink. One of the people we were with actually got kicked out of one of the bars that we were at.

    Well a large portion of us didn't sleep very much that night and ended up leaving really early to catch a ferry which is 3 and a half hours long to cross over to the south Island. Most people just slept the entire journey. Once we got off the ferry we were back on the bus for three more hours to get to Abel Tasman national park. On our way we stopped at several places including this River bed that was in the hobbit movies. I wish I would have got the name but I can't remember it for the life of me. It was great to spend some time after the long car ride just to skip rocks. This road trip has been long winding roads on the side of mountains with ocean on the other side. In other words really amazing scenery!

    We then had a little stop to eat in Nelson. Then headed to where we were staying, a small little place called old MacDonald farm. Yes, there are animals roaming around on this farm. We ended up turning it in early after a late night the day before.
    Read more