Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Wedding Day

    March 14, 2020 in Sri Lanka ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    Excellent night. We met for breakfast then entertained Hugo while Savi (bridesmaid) went to get ready. I painted a picture of what I hope is the Barn House (wedding venue) for Ransi and Rakesh later. Turned out not to be, so now they have a painting of a wedding venue where they might have wanted to be married. No idea where. Power? of the internet.
    Then it was down to the pool and a snack lunch before preparations begin in earnest.
    We all caught a coach at four for a 30 minutes drive to the venue with ever tighter corners to negotiate. On arrival we were greeted with a fruit punch which was delicious and welcomed. Gin or arak cocktails followed. The wedding ceremony took place outside with Savi one of the bridesmaids and consisted of a speech by the chief bridesmaid, a reading of the Little Dinosaur and vows/rings. The official part took place on the table to the side.
    There followed more cocktails, welcome ice cream and snacks.
    We then went into the barn which was highly decorated, many flowers and joined a table of locals. Guests were from many countries and were all very friendly.
    Speeches were fun, food excellent and the drinks flowed. Dancing ensued and continued till midnight when coaches eventually arrived to transport us back to Blue Water. Hugo was exceptionally good throughout and great dancing moves, finally falling asleep outside in the warm.
    Read more