Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Sun has come out...for a while

    May 26, 2021 in Ireland ⋅ 🌧 18 °C

    It was dry when we woke. Jim was taking a walk around the deck which I took as a sign that he was itching to get going.
    Brian and I decided not to keep him waiting and to have breakfast on the go.
    We stowed the bimini and headed out under engine taking a shortcut inside Eve and Adam then stayed north of High Island keeping one eye on Belly Rock, hoisting the main on the way but the gentle breeze soon disappeared and we ended up motorsailing to Barlogue Creek where ‘Eureka’ anchored and ‘Second Chance’ rafted up while we had lunch and the sun even came out.
    What a difference a day makes!

    There was a lovely breeze outside when we left and we had a reach to Gascanane Sound.
    Soon after we went through the sound we dropped the sails and prepared the boats to enter North Harbour on Cape Clear.
    ‘Second Chance’ entered first and ‘Eureka’ held off until Jim had berthed as it’s a tight fit inside, then we rafted up to her.
    We then started what became standard procedure by joining the O’Meara’s for pre-dinner drinks before returning to 'Eureka' for our own dinner.

    The rain had been off and on during the day but it didn’t stop us going for walks, doing a bit of provisioning in the local shop and sometimes getting wet doing so.

    I can’t remember if we had planned to stay a second night or if it was the wind that made us stay put but stay put we did.
    Read more