Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Exploring Darwin

    October 15, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Rob and I started the day with a bit of exercise - a run/walk (mostly walk) down to the waterfront then up to the park along the waterfront. The last part I did by myself and checked out a bit of the city before meeting him back in the room.

    We got the boys off their iPads and out on the scooters. By this stage it was getting quite warm and by the time we reached the playground along the water everyone was a little bit hot and bothered. Isaac are a whole box of tic tacs and spent ages spinning around on the equipment so pretty soon he started feeling quite ill. Hamish was just whinging about how hot it was and I ended up getting pooped on by a bird so really it didn’t turn out to be that pleasant an outing. Then soon hamish fell off the footpath and that was the end of it. We all just really wanted to get home.

    A quick rest back in the room then it was time to head out for lunch then swim. We went down to the waterfront and had a quick bite at the pub there. Then it was time to hit the wave pool! Stayed there for ages and everyone had a great time. I’ve cream after then back to the room.

    After a break we went for a walk down to stokes hill wharf to have a look. Thinking we might come back and have something to eat for lunch on Sunday.

    Dinner was some take away Chinese which was pretty good. Big day! We are all stuffed now.
    Read more