Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Litchfield

    October 17, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    Slept in until 8 this morning (!) way later than I’d hoped. Quick breakfast then a run/walk around to the pier then through town for some exercise. I found the street where we’d planned to have dinner tonight and it seemed like it was the touristy/nightclub part of town - pretty sure that’s where I went last time I was here and is what I remember of Darwin.

    Rounded up the kids and jumped in the car for our drive to Litchfield. Plan was that once we hit the national park kids were t get off their iPads and this turned into a bit of a disaster as they immediately became unbearable winding each other up etc.

    Managed to distract them enough to make it to the Termite Mounds. These were a little underwhelming compared to what I remember. It was hot and there were loads of flies and Hamish was just about having a meltdown!

    Drove a bit further taking us to the Buley Rockholes for a swim. This was a highlight. So many people there but we still managed to find space to have a nice swim. Kids enjoyed jumping in while I sat and stressed that they’d slip on the rocks and hit their head. Thankfully no one did.

    For dinner tonight we went down to the pub and enjoyed a nice meal watching the other prelim final. That one too ended up with a disappointing result - it’s going to be a boring grand final next week! Highlight of the evening was watching Hamish attempt to parkour all the way home, which he thought was hilarious until he discovered he was forced to have another shower when he got home ..
    Read more