Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Copenhagen & Høng

    January 3, 2020 in Denmark ⋅ 🌧 6 °C

    We arrived into Copenhagen from Berlin on an easyjet flight which took less than an hour. From the airport it was simply a matter of getting on a train to the city centre (only about 20 minutes) and then walking to our hotel not too far away. Luckily we could check in a bit early as we were pretty tired and went straight for a nap.
    Our New Year’s Eve dinner was booked at restaurant Grøften located inside the Tivoli amusement park. It was completely full with people out celebrating and we enjoyed our three course vegan menu! We were quite surprised to find out that our two glasses of wine, water as green tea cost the equivalent of about $80 AUD! After dinner we strolled around the garden-like park enjoying seeing some fireworks, though not the main ones as we went back to the hotel and were in bed asleep before midnight.
    Next day we caught at train to Slagelse which is the bigger town near Gigi’s small town. She picked us up from the station and we went back to her home to meet Angel and Heinrich. We have been staying in a motel in Slagelse because they didn’t have any water at their place for a while and didn’t know when it would be reconnected.
    Gigi took us around Copenhagen on Thursday where we saw the Little Mermaid (we rode Lime scooter to get there!), the royal palace including the changing of the guard, Nyhavn with its colourful buildings, the round tower and a few of the shopping streets.
    Read more