Satellite
  • Day 12

    Canyoning

    April 13, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 7 °C

    My second day in Dalat was an exhausting one. The day's plans were canyoning. Having not really known what to expect, it was certainly an experience.

    Our team leaders were called Jerry, Sun and Nam and certainly made the trip. There were plenty of wild activities throughout the course of the day, these included abseiling down waterfalls and into waterfalls as well as cliff jumping and trekking along the rivers path. There was one activity called the washing machine in which you abseiled down a rock face and then dropped into a waterfall which took you under for 2/3 seconds then brought you up. My heart was certainly in my mouth through those very long seconds. The power of the water was incredible and I now understand how dangerous currents can be. However I came out safe and alive which was the main thing.

    If you want something that gives you an adrenaline rush this couldn't be more ideal. After finishing the trip with a 20 minute hike up hill it's safe to say I was absolutely exhausted. My dinner that evening could probably have been shared between 4 people I was that hungry. Needless to say I slept very well that night.
    Read more