Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Bangkok

    May 29, 2017 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    Arriving at 6am, the day ahead was a relatively relaxed one and seeing as it was pouring with rain it we decided it as a perfect time to have a movie day. The hostel having a 'chill' room with beanbags and cushions was our saviour, as well as having a selection of movies to watch. It was definitely a remedy for our tired selves.

    Having stayed inside the whole day we decided to hit up the famous and well known Koh San Road. On first impressions it was a lot to take in. The whole street was packed with people in the street and bars, the whole road full of bright lights, loud music and promotion from bars left right and centre, all in competition to get you the cheapest deal. Eventually we found a bar and enjoy our buckets (only £2!) and bar hopped ending the night when all the bars shut at 12am.

    The next day we got up and found a cafe for breakfast, which was a much needed fry up of bacon, eggs and sausages. Being in Bangkok on weekend means one thing, the weekend market which is meant to be the biggest market that goes on in Thailand. With our purses loaded with cash we headed to the market.

    And woweee was the market big. There were so many stalls outside and inside, the area like a complete maze and extremely easy to get lost. However, I had success and bought some knock off Adidas trainers which cost me £8, usually being £70 in the UK. The only issue I now have is fitting in my backpack that's currently bursting at the seams. After a couple of hours the heat got too much and we thought it was time to make our way back. However, we did make one last stop at one of Bangkok's biggest shopping centres and treated ourselves to a big pizza which was delightful and rightfully deserved after being on our feet all day.

    Full up and having literally shopped until we dropped we went back to the hostel and had a nap before getting ready to head back out to Koh San Road for night 2 in Bangkok.

    Exhausted from the previous day and night, the last day in Bangkok was another chill day before leaving to the islands that evening and on to our next part of Thailand.
    Read more