Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Kuta

    July 7, 2017 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Arrived in busy busy Kuta and having spent the whole day at the beach a shower was in need before heading out to Sky Garden, the famous club in Bali for Liberty's last night out before she headed home. Couldn't quite believe how quickly her time there had gone, needless to say I only had a week left before heading to Malaysia to see the family, it felt surreal that my travels alone were coming to end.

    In Sky Garden you could pay £10 between 5pm - 9pm for all you can eat buffet and then free unlimited drink/. Seeming like an offer too good to refuse we certainly made the most of it. Having 'unlimited' drinks was definitely a dangerous move and certainly set us up for the night. It turned out to be a very successful night and was good to see Liberty and her friends one last time.

    The next day had been planned for shopping however me and Pernilla were a bit worse for wear so struggled through the day not wanting to miss out on the shops before heading to the Gili Islands. Despite this we had a relatively successful day and managed to get around the shops and markets but were exhausted by the end. An early night was definitely in order after a needed Nasi Goreng (my favourite Balinese meal).

    Anticipation for the islands sent me to sleep, excited for the week ahead.
    Read more