Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 36

    Our first taste of Prague

    January 19, 2017 in Czech Republic ⋅ 🌫 -10 °C

    Well Dave and I fell asleep looking at the stars. Our bedroom has a slanted roof and a window above our bed. We woke up to a frosted window. Breakfast is included in our accommodation. A few different things for breakfast, like pea soup, apples and custard. We had arranged a walking tour for our first day to get our bearings. We were picked up at 9.30am and joined the English speaking group at 10am. It was -7°C and stayed that way all day, but the sun was shining. We had a look around the castle and then had a quick toilet stop and a time to grab a coffee to warm up a bit. Then we made our way down to the river for a boat cruise and there we could either have an icecream or a cake thing. The cake was gingerbread with jam in the middle then covered in chocolate. It didn't taste like gingerbread to us. I couldn't wait to get my coffee to wash it down, then when I got my coffee I needed the cake to get the coffee down. The coffee was like an expresso shot with a drop of milk. A bit more of a walk then we had lunch in a medieval themed restaurant. We had 2 courses of traditional Czech food, 3 choices of soup and 7 choices for the main meal. Luckily for the kids there was chicken noodle soup and roast chicken. We finished the tour about 4pm, we made our way back to our apartment, doing a bit of shopping for tea. We had a nice day sight seeing and we all like Prague so far. It's going to be a late night tonight as Kellie has to go online and work out her classes for uni.

    Photo 1 - View of Prague from the castle
    Photo 2 - Charles Bridge
    Photo 3 - Our morning tea
    Photo 4 - My lunch, roast pork with potato dumpling some other dumpling and saurkraut.
    Photo 5 - Medieval Restaurant
    Photo 6 - Astronomical clock
    Read more