Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Wellington, NZ

    June 7, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    Not so windy at all.

    Annys chat and Dave's extensive supply of Booster group wines facilitated a fantastic demolition ceremony of the aforementioned roast lamb that night. Luckily, none of us had work the next day!

    We did however, have a walk to accomplish. An unexpectedly strong flat white was rocket fuel for the V2 engine, powering us to the top of Mt Kaukau with fufu intact. The reward were some outstanding views of Wellington, the harbour, the ranges, the South Island and even the Southern Alps - sheeesh! The only blotch on an otherwise perfect vista was a pesky cloud in the far distance obscuring our backdrop from the day before, Mt Taranaki.

    Lunch and a scenic gander turned into a steep descent with only one slip casualty - I'll let you guess who - and 8 very muddy feet. The early afternoon shadows were rapidly stretching eastward as we made our way home for a cup of tea, a spot of shopping and a stroll on the promenade to watch the sunset. How good to live so close to the water!

    A mildly serious planning session developed in the early evening, culminating in the formation of Annys Travel Agency and an unrelated brewing of medicinal Kawakawa juice of which Cat and I are still awfully confused.

    The highlight of the night (excluding the post walk beer), was Anny's parmesan potatoes which were undoubtedly the potato dish of the year to date and more than sufficient to re-establish her position at the top of the rankings. Yes, Cat took notes. What she didn't win was rummykub which I'll claim a victory; the other debatably to an unofficial team Cat Dave.

    Monday morning began in darkness, with whispered farewells and finished aboard the Interislander ferry on another delightful day of meteorological bliss.
    Read more