Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Miseno past Capri to Acciaroli

    September 12, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    We stayed 2 nights in Miseno with the day between a chore and relaxation day. After coffee in the cockpit we motored to the diesel dock then back to the harbour and rowed ashore to the grocery store. A minor mishap happened when I fell on the road (good Italian potholes) and ended up with a few bruises and road rash but it could have been worse! Spent the afternoon swimming, reading and watching the boats go by. I'm not sure why people and kids aren't at work or school? The hotels above the harbour play English music and have fireworks so we were entertained loudly 🙉🥱until after midnight. Sadly (?!), my singalong was drowned out by their live band!
    The next morning we set off after getting rid of the old beach chair attached to our anchor!
    We ran the gauntlet at Capri but it was much less stressful perhaps due to our timing, the previous time, and because we were going straight past, not along the Amalfi coast. Another long passage but the weather is lovely, the wind and waves calm. We end up motoring or motorsailing but I'm happier than when we're fighting 20+knots and waves! Not much sea life compared to the Atlantic but we saw a turtle🐢 swimming by! We stopped and turned around but couldn't see it again. It's got a long swim whichever way its going! We anchored just outside the small harbour at Acciaroli, had a swim and ended our day with a much quieter night: the stars above, the calm water below and a gentle but cooler breeze lulling us to sleep.
    Read more