Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Brasov, twinned with Ballsout

    August 26, 2022 in Romania ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Long drive to Brasov but roads, mostly motorway, very good so made good time. Route took us close to Turda and Cunta to Brasov.

    Dropped car - Paky (Real name Andrei) was extremely helpful - even gave me a lift to the hotel. Best car hire ever!

    A quick walk to the Communist Museum - What an excellent place. Consisting of many memories and mementos from the time Romania was under communist rule. Enlightening and depressing.

    Air Bnb very central, a little noisy and a bit hot with no air con. Can't have everything.

    Met Andrea for an excellent dinner at her favourite bistro. I ordered something in Romanian that, after some giggling between Andrea and the waitress turned out to be Pigs 'ladies Bits'. Very tasty and juicy pork steaks were sevred and eaten - Endless innapropriate gags about the food items. Moved outside for a Kaiserschmarm pudding, after which Andrea insisted on a late night walking tour of Brasov, including up the hill to the White Tower,. A lovely idea but very difficult with a huge Kaiserschmarm bloat. Slept on my back that night.

    Slept surprisingly well, and taxi to the station for the train - for some reason we go there an hour early.

    Amazingly Andrea appeared on her bike carrying a full breakfast and other goodies - What a star she is. Kept us going all day until flight back.
    Read more