Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Egypt, Tibet and Afghanistan

    August 31, 2023 in Morocco ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Breakfast included unidentified smoked meat object - tasty but who knows. Then headed to Atlas Film studios. Guided tour from Driss Willis (allegedly) of some film sets and some items from films. Gladiator, The Mummy, Aterix and Obelix, Hercules (Watched a quick promo film for Hercules - Utter garbage). The big sets for Egypt and Tibet actually very impressive. A few camels wandering past and in the near distance a very impressive set from the Kingdom of Heaven.

    They just finished Gladiator 2, but not much on the horizon. A lot of the sets thay have would now be created by CGI.

    Went in search of Ice Cream as Paul's reward for seeing the camels first, then to Carrefour supermarket for wine (The Rabbi Jacob was in the house) and water. Chocolate also purchased but was in liquid form by the time we got back to Sawadi. Fended off the parking wallah who was asking for dirhams even though we never left the car. He did wave his arms at us as we pulled away to show us that the road was clear, but didn't merit any dirham.

    Stopped in Skoura for lunch of lamb brochettes, but lamb was off so after a long wait chicken and beef skewers covered in larsley - Doh.

    Driving back to Sawadi hotel across the Sawadi Wadi, realised we had to add three steps to heaven to the Moroccoplaylist.

    Swim followed by pseudo miss world swim suit section from the french ladies.
    Read more