Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    San Francisco Day 1

    September 5, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    Today is Judith’s birthday and we decided to go to the Haight-Ashbury area to have a look. The weather today was great - sunny, but not too hot and the breeze was refreshing.

    We ate lunch at a place called Bacon Bacon. After lunch, Chris, Theo and I split up from Judith & Lisa so that they could go shopping without the added stress of a grumpy Theo.

    Theo didn’t sleep so much on the plane ride, so his Jetlag isn’t great. He’s both very sleepy and very easily irritated. He also peed through his diaper so Chris and I had to walk 40mins to a Target to buy a change of pants for him. We actually enjoyed the walk because the weather was so nice and we got to walk around and see the area a bit more. We didn’t do any shopping, except for stopping by a market and buying fruit. 2 mangoes for $5!

    We met Judith and Lisa again outside of the Golden Gate Park but we we’re too tired to actually walk around the park. Instead, we headed back to the Airbnb and went to the supermarket to get food for the next couple of days. Oakland is known for house and car theft, but I didn’t really realize how much that might be true until we finished shopping at the supermarket and the car next to us had been broken into. We were very lucky that our car stayed safe!
    Read more