Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Killybeg to Rosses Point via Donegal

    May 19, 2022 in Ireland ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    We did the usual van mini clean, said bye to Carol and Dave and set off for the car park in Donegal that was big enough for motorhome and located by the river Eske and abbey. On arrival we popped into the visitors centre to get a town map then walked back to The Diamond area and found a nice little restaurant called Old Stone where we ate a tasty lunch. We then went to Donegal Castle paid our 4 euro entrance fee and wandered round. The castle was built by Red Hugh O’Donnell in the 15th century and also torched by Rory O’Donnell when the British were advancing before he escaped to Spain. We don’t have many pictures of the castle as we both forgot our phones. I found an Irish gift shop to buy a couple of Irish gifts for baby Eris, we then returned to the car park to find our neighbours were Carol and Dave! We had a quick look at the Abbey before setting off and the rain starting.

    We arrived at Rosses Point Caravan Park and had a great pitch overlooking the coastline and views inland towards Benbulben Mountain which is similar in shape to Table Top mountain but I have said to Tony this doesn’t mean we aren’t still going to Cape Town to do our cancelled by covid trip planned for 2020!
    Read more