Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Hanoi - Day 2

    July 14, 2019 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    This morning i found the international post office, lugged my large souvenirs there, paid waaaaay more than i wanted to send them home. And then found a market and bought two more of the same thing lol !! Boy i really hope the receivers of these particular items like them as much as i do cuz its been challenging dragging them all over this country.

    After that i did a bit of a pub crawl. Went to legend beer garden. Then pasteur brewery. Then new gentry beer house.

    Then i had hilarious fun at the famous train street of hanoi where the train cuts right through a pile of buildings. They have tons of tables and chairs set up against the tracks and as the train approaches, waiters come running out, yanking tables and chairs out from under you and everyone scrambles against a nearby wall. Its not as dangerous as it sounds because it comes in pretty slow but still alarming at first even though you know its coming.

    Went back to the night market, and found a spot higher up to watch them set up and later found an awesome side street spot to watch the world pass by while i sipped on beers relecting on the crazy fun this vietnam trip has been. If things work out tomorrow i will be in Laos by the end of the day so really enjoyed having a quiet day to leisurely walk around and take in some final views.
    Read more