Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Edinburgh Day 1

    July 13, 2023 in Scotland ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    Crazy start to my trip!

    After meeting several nice people at the toronto airport (hi jeff and cindy!), i ran into a long time dear friend Jon who i hadn't seen in 4 years on the airplane. We switched seats and chatted the entire 7 hour flight to Scotland

    Arrived at 630am and my hotel didn't allow checkins until 3pm so i was in a bit of a bind. But Jon was going to Bev and Nick's house for his stay so i went with him. 20+ years ago i worked with Bev in an Edinburgh restaurant and part of a group trip i organized thru the middle east. And Bev and Nick visited Jon and I in 2006. Oh boy was she shocked when i arrived at her house.

    Got a bit of sleep and spent the afternoon catching up in their backyard. Then caught a train to Edinburgh and did a walkabout seeing the gorgeous medieval parts of the old town and finding all the places i used to work at and a few places i lived too. Nostalgia overload!

    I had pre-booked a pub crawl tour that started at 8pm. At 7 i was incredibly tired and almost bailed but decided to force myself to go and be social. Pub crawl had 45 people from all over the world. Met 4 aussies right away and spent the rest of the night mostly with them. One is coincidentally moving to ottawa in late August for classes at OttawaU. So glad i went. Absolute hilarious fun. What a day. Oh yes... i almost forgot. Everyone thought i was around 35. Haha (i am 51)
    Read more