Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Edinburgh- Day 2

    July 14, 2023 in Scotland ⋅ 🌧 17 °C

    Finally a bed to sleep in. Wow i needed that. Who knew? :)

    Wandered around in the afternoon to a million spots i used to know 20 years ago. Had lunch at a restaurant i waitered at (the filling station) in a different life and then met up with my walking tour. The tour was a historical tour of the old town mixed in with beer tastings at a variety of pubs. Me and 3 americans plus Ian the tour guide. I purposely wound him up by asking his thoughts on the accuracy of Braveheart. Ohhh my god i set him off on a huge rant. If you're ever in scotland, definitely bring up braveheart semi sincerely to get hilarious reactions.

    After the tour i climbed up Jacob's ladder to Calton hill for some super cheesy touristy shots of the city and then walked an hour in a lot of rain into Leith. I was told the old port had been revitalized greatly so i wanted to see it before leaving.

    Found a brewery on the way to dry off for a bit and met Andy who was just the most friendly guy ever. Was planning to stay for 30 mins and then continue to the port but good banter turned into 2.5 hours instead.

    Andy recommended a pub at the port called Malt and Hops.... fantastic recommendation. I think i met the entire clientele of that establishment without even trying. Everyone there was incredibly friendly and hilarious. Jon insisted on giving me a scotch tasting lesson and i couldn't convince josh that he was actually a concussed Oscar Isaac. Dead ringer :)

    Excited for norway next but definitely sad to leave Scotland too. Magical place for me.
    Read more