Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Santorini Day 7

    August 1, 2020 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 36 °C

    On what was intially supposed to be our last day in Santorini we started by checking out of our lovely room, which was unfortunately not available for us to extend our stay in. Luckily we were able to move into a larger suite which was even nicer and we spent the rest of the morning relaxing on the terrace.

    We had a taxi booked at 1.30pm to head to perivelos beach (the black sand beach) which was nowhere near capacity but still lively considering the empty nature of the island at this time!

    We headed for Jojo's Beach Bar after a recommendation from some Brits on our boat trip - though they recommend getting a bed for €50, we were guided to a table with a beach view and 2 comfy sofas that was more than enough for us. Gee'd up by our touch with the tables we promptly set about drinking 50euros worth of 'basically free' drinks and ended up with a bill over double that, think they saw us coming.. but worth it for the delicious Santorini Mules!

    After a fun afternoon of boozing and people watching we headed onto the beach for a splash about (what sand...) before jumping into our taxi home.

    Gem spent the evening reading on the terrace whilst I sat down for an evening of FA Cup final straight into the return of boxing Post covid, perfect!
    Read more