Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 30

    Dubai Day 1

    August 24, 2020 in the United Arab Emirates ⋅ ☀️ 40 °C

    We got a wake up call at 530am and we're told to head to the restaurant as they were laying us on a special early breakfast, was unexpected and a final nice touch from a lovely resort! They even came down to the boat port to wave us off!

    The flight was very quiet and comfortable again, still yet to fly with anyone sitting next to us on this trip!

    Dubai Airport transition was the smoothest I've ever had and we were onto a metro to our hotel about 20 minutes after landing! We got straight to our hotel and dropped bags before heading out to the huge mall and for the Burj Khalifa!

    Walking to the metro from the hotel was fine and nowhere near as unbearably hot as I was expecting, even in trousers. Although the air-conditioning from the station was welcome after a 15 minute walk! The mall and burj khalifa are linked with the metro via walkways with aircon and airport style walking escalators so all good.

    The view from the top was brilliant and it was unreal to see the changes in skyline in only the last 10/15 years... Money eh!

    We settled on a Lebanese restaurant in the mall, Karam Bierut for dinner as we both fancied a change after 2 weeks of pretty similar foods in maldives and it was very nice, they had an outside space which backed on to the dubai fountain show which was great to watch after dinner.

    We took a picture from the top of the Burj of a Marina Bay Sands Singapore style building which had a rooftop pool - nobody we asked in the restaurant knew it but our taxi driver did and took a detour to show us. It was 'Address Skyline' and it seems to be on the plan for our last night...

    We got back to the hotel early and crashed out after a very long day!
    Read more