Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    Dubai Day 3

    August 26, 2020 in the United Arab Emirates ⋅ ⛅ 38 °C

    After a cooked family meal and an early night we both woke up pre 7am feeling fresh!!

    So to take advantage we decided to beat the heat and headed straight for Jumeirah Mosque...

    Afterwards we taxied to Zabeel Park and had a short walk around whilst we waited for the frame to open.. The Dubai Frame was a bargain for £10 each and turned out to be a fascinating insight between the old and new Dubai. The top had a clear glass walkway showcasing the sheer drop below, my legs weren't steady on the first few steps!

    We had to head back to the hotel to collect our laundry and ended up relaxing for a while..

    By evening we taxied to The Penthouse at Five for the sunset/city views... And they definitely did not disappoint! As we left Gem heard the staff talking about a certain Sheikh? And as we approached the lift, said Sheikh plus bodyguards were also waiting... He let Gem in first and said 'ladies first...' times are changing! And on the way down he welcomed us to dubai and joked about us also being rich as we're from London.

    From here we headed to Barasti Beach Bar to watch my friend play volleyball and to take in the city views from poolside!
    Read more