Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Dubai Day 6

    August 29, 2020 in the United Arab Emirates ⋅ ☀️ 37 °C

    We were both up early again so decided to head to Deria which is Dubai's old town. We went straight to the spice Souk where the first vendor pounced and showed us around his shop, offering us tasters and smells of the teas spices and chocolates. After paying probably over the odds for some tea and dried fruits we decided we'd had enough of the spice Souk.

    Next we took the Dhow boat over Dubai creek which was great! With the temperature already 35+ we stopped to cool down in The Arabian Tea House which was beautifully decorated inside with lovely staff!

    We spent the rest of the morning wondering around the traditional Al Fahadi streets. Once we'd worked up an appetite we stopped for £1 Vada Pavs (spiced potato burgers) for lunch in Veg World - a traditional Indian restaurant with amazing reasonably priced food!

    The afternoon's activity was the world's longest zip line (a compromise on my end to a sky dive). It was equally terrifying and amazing. The terrifying part was lying on the edge of the building whilst being strapped to the zip line. The staff said 'don't look down if you're nervous' but there's no where else to look!! As soon as the zip line started it was brilliant and we both loved every minute!

    We made the most of our adrenaline high and got a taxi to the Burj Al Arab beach and took a 5km stroll all the way down to kite beach for the sunset. Exhausted after this, we went back to the hotel and slept well!!
    Read more