Satellite
  • Day 38

    Dubai Day 7

    September 1, 2020 in the United Arab Emirates ⋅ ⛅ 36 °C

    We started our day with a trip to the Tanzanian Embassy of Dubai, we naively thought they would be able to offer us some help/advice on our visa application but with the generic 'just look on our website' answers we might as well have been talking to robots!

    From there we headed to Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark, and with the local kids going back to school today it was perfectly quiet around the whole park!

    Theres little to no pictures from the day as Gemma, Phones and that much water are a recipe for disaster! But we did have the best time, without a single queue for anything we got to ride everything, most twice, and still managed to relax on their beach for the afternoon as well.

    The best (scariest) two rides were the 'leap of faith' an almost vertical straight drop and 'Poseidon's revenge' where you start standing on a platform which is pulled away and you free fall for a few seconds before continuing the rest of the slide.

    We got a taxi home and stayed local for our dinner. We found an Indian restaurant called Raju Omlet which had a cool interior designed to look like a local Indian street that served the nicest egg based Indian Dishes - we ate loads and payed £16 for the privilege, we'll definitely be going back!
    Read more