Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 43

    Tanzania Day 3 - Dar Es Salaam

    September 6, 2020 in Tanzania ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    This morning we were up and out of the hostel early and on our way to Village Museum before 9am. The museum had all the different kinds of tribal huts and our tour guide explained how each was built and also how each tribe had their own sets of rules. Some looked after the cheifs senior wife better and others looked after his Junior wives better, but one constant was that the cheifs had numerous wife's and also that boys have to be out in their own house at 13!

    We were then treated to a song and dance by the local tribe who were amazing!! They finished up their dance and then dragged us up to embarrass ourselves.... We were only dancing (if you can call it that..) for about 3 minutes but with the headress and clothes they wear on it was properly hard work in that heat. Great fun though and the people were lovely!

    We lunched back in our hostel and spent the time contemplating whether we could send the video of our dancing to anyone or if we should destroy it!!

    And that evening we headed to Lukas bar for a game of pool and to Samaki Samaki for an amazing dinner!
    Read more