Satellite
  • Day 45

    Tanzania Day 5 - Dar Es Salaam

    September 8, 2020 in Tanzania ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Our final day in Dar (as the locals call it) started with some boring admin (washing) so we went to the laundromat to get everything sorted.

    We decided to find a golf course whilst we waited. Having only recently started playing I decided to do a few holes too and actually beat Craig on one of them. The fairways we pretty rough so it was a challenging 9 holes!

    By the time we'd golf'd and laundry'd we were starving so had some lunch at a harbour front restaurant on Slipway which was a little disappointing - typical of a good view restaurant.

    In the evening we had a few drinks at the George and Dragon which had a great courtyard and pool tables. I actually beat Craig 3-1 which has never happened so I won't be letting that go anytime soon.

    The picture of Craig and the lion has an interesting back story! It's made out of scrap metal on a yard employing disabled workers. We visited it and actually requested they make us a C&G sign out of metal for the flat. We paid 10,000 TSH (about £3) up front but unfortunately they forgot about it but of course we let them keep the £3!
    Read more