Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 49

    Tanzania Day 9 - Arusha

    September 12, 2020 in Tanzania ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    We needed to head to the pharmacy and decided to walk through the local villages rather than the main road - it took just over an hour and we got lost a few times but it was great to see how the locals lived and to give some kids a giggle with our funny accents! On the walk back we got really lost and had to cross a river - I went first and fell in (only one foot so not too bad) and as gem was tentatively approaching her attempt a young schoolboy struts past her and skips across the rocks like it was nothing!! Gem had a template to follow then so made it across fine, I squelched my way through the rest of the walk home!

    For dinner we were taught to make Chapatti from scratch by Miriam who works at our hostel - she was a great and we were briefly joined by, a crazy Jamaican/American lady who was also staying there, she can be best described as one of those over excitable shopping channel TV presenters and was funny but I guess only in very small doses!

    The process seemed to take forever but we eventually had them finished and got an early night straight after our meal.
    Read more