Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 52

    Tanzania Day 12 - Serengeti

    September 15, 2020 in Tanzania ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    We finished our morning trip by seeing some elephants from a distance and watching, and unfortunately smelling, around 40 Hippos relax/sleep in their swamp from only metres away!,

    After a quick brunch and shower at camp we set off on the 3 hour drive to Ngorogoro Crater (our destination for the evening and tomrorow day.

    On the drive we were spoilt with seeing our same agreesive Rhino again, although this time he was in longer grass and not as viasable. Followed by a fully grown Lion who was of course relaxing but sitting up enough to show us his face, after a few minutes he threw his head back and lay down comoletly for another not very well earned rest!

    Slightly further on we could see a Lionness in the distance panting, we approached slowly and actually saw two Lionness' who were literally half way through eating a warthog. They were panting due to the combination of a large amount of meat and no water (Lionness Meatsweats) but to see them feeding from metres away was so much more than we could have dreamed before we came!

    Finally and most amazingly we drove along behind and then beside a herd of elephants with small babies as they ammbled along. After initially scoping us out they became comfortable and one even brushed themselves along the side of our Jeep as they passed. It, honestly felt like we were a part of the herd, breathtaking again!
    Read more